The Biggert-Waters Act of 2012 calls for private insurers to enter the flood marketplace to provide alternatives to NFIP insurance. We offer exclusive private market flood insurance programs designed specifically for real estate companies that have flood coverage through their master property insurance policy as an alternative or supplement to their primary layer of NFIP flood insurance for locations and/or buildings located in FEMA-designated SFHA. These private flood insurance programs are designed to simplify the administration of primary layer flood coverage, enhance the coverage terms, and eliminate gaps in coverage between NFIP maximum limits and your flood deductible in your property insurance policy.
The goal is to replace most, if not all, of your NFIP flood policies to simplify administration while improving coverage and eliminating costly coverage gaps. If any buildings are ineligible for primary layer coverage through these programs, buildings can be included on the policy for “gap” coverage, which means coverage above the NFIP maximum limits but below your property policy’s flood deductible if a gap exists.
The benefits of private market flood insurance programs include:
- One master policy instead of many individual NFIP policies
- You choose one renewal date instead of having scattered NFIP renewal dates
- The per occurrence limit will be tailored to match your flood deductible in your property insurance policy to eliminate gaps in coverage
- Replacement Cost Value (RCV) coverage instead of Actual Cash Value (ACV) coverage
- Option to include business interruption/loss of rents coverage which is unavailable through the NFIP
- You can choose a deductible that matches your risk tolerance and lender requirements instead of having to choose from the few NFIP deducible options
- Add and delete locations/buildings with ease in the same manner you add and delete to your master property, general liability and excess liability programs
- No annual aggregate limit (same as NFIP)
This program is designed for those clients who:
- Have multiple locations insured with NFIP flood insurance
- Have flood coverage in their master property insurance program
- Have a minimum of $25,000 in total NFIP premiums
- Want a more efficient way to buy flood insurance
- Want better flood coverage
Applies to all flood zone classifications (A, B, C, and X zones) and all asset classes of commercial real estate.
Learn about other flood insurance programs:
We’re here to help!
Speak to our Flood Insurance Advisor and learn how we can help.Contact Us [easy_widget id=2729 title=”Insurance Brokerage Pages”]